Hoag Health Center Irvine, 16405 Sand Canyon, Irvine, CA 92618.
There is a 3% credit card charge to register. The company that we use to keep track of all our registration data charges that amount. You can choose to add it to your registration/donation fee or have it taken out of that fee.
E-Bikes are allowed.
OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS
PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR A HELMET
From the 405 Freeway going south:
Exit at Sand Canyon/Shady Canyon Ave. At the end of the off ramp turn left onto Sand Canyon Ave. Go past Alton Parkway. Hoag Health Center is on the left. Turn left into the parking lot at 16405 Sand Canyon Ave. Enter the parking lot off of Sand Canyon and not Alton Parkway.
From the 405 Freeway going North:
Exit at Sand Canyon/Shady Canyon Ave. Turn right onto Sand Canyon Ave. Go past Alton Parkway and turn left into Hoag Health Center at 16405 Sand Canyon. Enter the parking lot off of Sand Canyon and not Alton Parkway.
From the 5 Freeway going South:
Exit at Sand Canyon Ave. Turn right on Sand Canyon Ave. Go past Barranca Parkway and turn right into Hoag Health Center at 16405 Sand Canyon Ave. Enter the parking lot off of Sand Canyon and not Alton Parkway.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bicycle in good working order
- Helmet (REQUIRED)
- Refillable water bottle
- Energy Bars/food -will also be available along the route
- Sunglasses and bike gloves
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Any needed medication and insurance card
- Cell phone for emergencies
- Flat repair kit and extra tubes.
There will be no bike mechanics at the event site. The ride must assume all responsibility that his/her bike is in good working order before the event on April 27th. So take you bike to your bike shop and make sure you won’t break down out on the routes. There will be no shag wagons to come pick you up, so it is paramount that your bike is in good working order.
Start Times for each event:
Metric Century (62 miles) will be at 7:00 a.m. on April 27, 2024
30-mile ride will begin at 8 a.m. on April 27, 2024
12-mile ride will begin at 8:30 a.m. on April 27, 2024
3K and 5K walk/run will begin at 8:45 a.m. on April 27, 2024
BIKE MAINTENANCE TIPS:
Have sufficient air in tires
Make sure your brakes are in good working order
Make sure your chain is running smoothly
SAFETY TIPS: IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY CALL 911
- Keep eyes and head up; be aware of your surroundings
- Always pass on the left and call out “on your left”
- Do not cross double yellow lines
- No headphones
- If you have to stop, move off the road
- Make eye contact with others
- Be predictable to other traffic. Use verbal and hand signals to communicate with other riders and cars.
- Stay on the marked route
- Stay alert to avoid road hazards-look out for debris, potholes, and other road hazards
- Verbally call out road hazards to other riders
- Ride where people can see you
- Avoid the ‘door zone’ when riding past parked cars
- Keep an eye out for bus stops, driveways, crosswalks, and other special traffic zones
- Try to anticipate with drivers, pedestrians and other riders are going to do. Ride defensively
- If you can’t see a bus, truck or car mirrors, then they can’t see you
- Use a front white light and rear red light when visibility is poor
- Be careful of motorists passing on the right around left-turning vehicles